Wednesday, October 1, 2008

These Eyes Part II

October 1, 2008
Today our little JJ had her eye surgery.  3 muscles were loosened behind her eyes.  We arrived at the surgery center at 5:45am with a sleepy J.  She actually did very well for having nothing to eat or drink since 9:30pm the nigth before.  After being admitted, she played in her hospital crib grabbing anything within her reach.  On a little tangent, medical forms can be somewhat daunting for Jaden because we have to fill in information for both sets of 'parents', her real parents and her birth parents.  I have to go back and adjust my answers because I find myself entering our family medical history as opposed to her birth family's (of which we know virtually nothing.)
After talking with the anesthesiologist, the surgeon and the nurse, she was given what they called 'Happy Juice'.  I asked where I could get summa dat - all I got was a sympathetic smile.  So here's J on her happy juice.  She was crackin' people up with her drunk smile and crazy antics.
1 1/2 hours later, she awoke with quite a ferocious growly scream.  After calming and dressing her, we put her in her carseat for the ride home.  Very groggy and swollen.  She'll be crying bloody tears for a couple of days and the whites of her eyes are red.  Other than that, I think she's looking straight at me now!
Tune in tomorrow for the new Jaden!

6 comments:

lorabelle said...

She is so darling... I've had her in my heart & thoughts all day...
Got to love the "Happy Juice"! My husband has access to dat-stuff and swears that it makes his job much easier! Sorry, he says we can't have any!!! Hopefully your little JJ won't have bloody tears for long and will be feeling much better in the morning. You've got to be draggin! It's so emotional for us parents when our kids have to be put out for anything. Get some rest and keep us posted tomorrow!
Lora

JackieMacD said...

Oh my gosh -- I just love that little girl! And, if you can get your hands on that happy juice, bring some to SoCal this weekend.

Thanks for the updates. You're all in my thoughts.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

So glad she is doin well and the surgery is over and successful! Did they let her fall asleep before they took her from you? I am so worried about Noah's to come at some point. Thanks for all the pics :) Put Mama in the pics next time :)

love ya friend
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

Yes, the famous Happy Juice! Peyton was a crack up on that stuff too! Can't wait to see the new J, but will miss our cute cross eyed baby!!! Hope her recovery is quick and without too much pain. Hugs, Tiff

Expecting Good Things said...

Aw. What a sweetie pie. I'm so glad to hear it went well. I'm sure you're glad its over. Can't wait to see Little Jaden's new pics. :)
Holli

Room for More said...

She is so cute! I am glad all went well. Happy Juice, yes, after going through everything with both kids this week, you deserve a shot of Happy Juice!

Shannon
(coming out of lurkedom to say I am glad your baby girl is going to be okay)