Tuesday, October 7, 2008

That's Weird - I've been Tagged!

October 7.5, 2008
I'm posting this early because I see a fellow blogger has already tagged one of my tagees so I'd better quit twiddling my thumbs and post.


Rule #1: I've been tagged by Tiff, who's been a major source of support for me through my Taiwan toddler trek!

Rule #2: 7 weird things about me.

1. I'm not very weird. Seriously, I've been sitting here 15+ minutes and I can't think of anything interestingly weird. This isn't weird, it's disturbing. Guess it doesn't count.

1. OK, here's one. My pet names for my son are all 'Schlump'-ified - Schlumpy, Schlumpster, Schlump-o-matic, Schlump-butt, Stumpy Schlumpy. But that makes him weird, not me, right? Guess this one doesn't count either.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock. I'm Schlumped. Will have to resume rule #2 tomorrow.

Rule #3: Tag 7 people. I tag

1. Lori
2. Lora
3. Marina
4. Tamara
5. Holli
6. Nancy (private blog)
7. Jennifer


Rule #4: You've all been notified. Enjoy!


I was sorting digital pictures the other day and came across several Mikey photos I thought I'd share with readers who missed the 1st 4 blogging years with us. Each of these pictures, in my opinion, deserves a 2nd posting.

Here's Mikey at 10 days old after *heart* surgery.

Mikey's birth announcement photo (at 3 months of age). I did much better for J's announcement! (On second thought, she's cross-eyed in her's, too.)

Here's our Schlumpy on the 1st Anniversary Edition of Preemie Magazine in 2005.

Here's one of Mikey when he was 2 at a lake in New Hampshire. I still carry this one in my wallet.

Last Winter practicing for the Olympics. This kid is amazing on a snowboard. We can't wait for snow time to roll around again, and it'll be uber-interesting to see how tropical J does in the snow.

Last, here's pics of Mikey last May giving a *martial arts* demonstration to his preschool classmates in celebration of Japanese Childrens' Day. He dubbed it 'Samurai Pie' after a Backyardigans show. Ya gotta hand it to him - he's a brave little fella.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, he has grown so much! Crazy how that happens!

Room for More said...

as someone who didn't follow you the 1st 4 years, I am so glad you shared the pictures! What a special boy (and talented too)!

lorabelle said...

WoW! Mikey is amazing! I love to hear stories like this and see how well preemies can thrive and surprise everyone. Beautiful little boy! Brave Mommy!!!
Lora

Megan said...

Wow...so much in shuch a short life, Mikey you're a Rock Star! Will you teach Kimi to snowboard? Love your magazine cover photo so handsome.
Hugs Megan and Kimi