Friday, October 3, 2008

Introducing the New Jaden

October 3, 2008
Here's pre-surgery Jaden: 
And the new Jaden who can see with both eyes!

Yes, I know.  Her hair is a mess.  We can't wash it until tonight - no water in her eyes for 24+ hours.  The changes we've seen so far are amazing.  Pre-surgery she had no depth perception because she could only see out of one eye at a time.  She walked slowly and unsteadily, almost drunk-like, with her hands in the 'put your hands in the air - you're under arrest' position.  She was scared to step off things such as stairs, curbs, etc.  When she reached for objects, it was slowly as she grabbbed at air until her hand met the object.  Most notably, she was whinier, rarely venturing off by herself.  Today she's smiling more.  She's definitely walking faster & steadier with her hands at her sides.  She's reaching for objects without hesitation.  I'm astounded at how much her life has already changed.

12 comments:

Tamara said...

I'm so glad to see Jaden doing well!! Poor kid, that must have been awful not being able to see for so long.

Room for More said...

A whole new world for her I bet! She looks happy!! : )

JackieMacD said...

OH.MY.GOSH. What a difference already!!! I'm so happy for her (and you, mama)!

I can't wait to meet you in person and see Jaden again!

momwithfaithandhope said...

A whole new world for her! Enjoy those beautiful eyes J! Hugs, Tiff

demetrisfamily said...

How wonderful that Jaden is on the quick road to recovery. Your description of her before and after reminded me of my pre-lasik surgery (blind as a bat) to 20/20.
I know it's not really the same thing but having your sight improved makes a world of difference. Can't wait to meet her!
Nancy :0)

Sarah said...

oh wow! she'll be seeing a whole new world for sure! :)

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Oh as a fellow cross eyed person whose surgeries did NOT work as I child I am SOOOOOO Happy for Miss Jaden! :) YIPEEE :)

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringthemhome.blogspot.com

lorabelle said...

Tears of Joy Ramona! I'm so glad that there was something they could do to help her to see better! She is so cute. I've always thought that Jaden smiled with her eyes, I know that sounds odd because they were crossed but I think you know what I mean. Now, I see that smile and I'm just sure of it! What a happy doll. Can't wait to hear and see more!
Lora

Staci said...

That's so awesome!! I'm so happy for her! :)

Andrea said...

That's awesome! Can't wait to see the differences in person.

She looks so cute, puffy eyes and all!

momwithfaithandhope said...

me again. . .you've been tagged! tiff

The family of six said...

She looks great! Who knew that she would have such a personality change with it? Sorry I wasn't there this weekend - I was so sad to miss it.