Monday, October 13, 2008

We're Home!

October 13, 2008
The conference was 'little bang for the buck' as another attendee so eloquently stated in the elevator.  Whether we attend again will depend on how many schools we get out of it.  Here's a pic of our last hour as a 3 officer team.  Normally our area doesn't look so bleak (see 2nd picture) but vendors were told they couldn't setup their booths.  Good thing Mikey was with us - he more than made up for the lack of schutzpah.
Purses, purses, purses.  Oh what an illness.  I wasn't a 'purse person' until I met Kathy nearly a decade ago.  Now my closet is overrun with purses.  That's what you've gotta love about NYC - you can get designer purses at a fraction of the cost.  ;-) Without further ado:
Prada 1
Gucci 1 & 2
Prada 2 and Gucci 3
Notice the last set.  One was the first purchase of the day (2pm), the other was the last purchase of the day (9pm).  (YES - we went ALL day.)  How is it that Prada and Gucci can have the same purse???  Even more disturbing - how is it that I didn't even notice I was purchasing the same purse again???  I tried to get Kathy to trade one of her Coaches with one of these but she hugged it tightly to her chest and snarled, "No way!"  So now I'm stuck with 2 of the same purse, just different colors and designers.  (Jackie - interested in one?)
We walked and walked and walked venturing through Time Square, Little Jamaica (1st purse), Soho, Noho, Greenwich Village, Little Italy and China Town (bulk of the purses).  Along the way we stopped at every park for Mikey. 
I was so very happy to get back to my J.  I missed her so much - emailed Grandma and asked if she'd go with me next time so I could take both monsters.  She's still thinking on that one.

Here's pictures of Jaden I got on my Blackberry while in NY.
I kept looking at these pictures for 2 reasons.   First I'm amazed at how beautiful her eyes are.  She's so much happier now that she can see better.  I especially love the third picture - just wanna smother her with kisses.  Second, I CAN'T BELIEVE MY HUSBAND DRESSED HER LIKE A BOY.

6 comments:

lorabelle said...

Love the purses! TOO much fun for you!!! Lora

JackieMacD said...

me likey gucci #3!

LOL - Men just don't get it. We wait for our girlie girls and then they butch em up. Ha!

momwithfaithandhope said...

What a successful day! Oops, I mean conference. . .no. . .really, what a successful shopping trip! Didn't you pick up a mini one for J??? LOL Smother that girl with kisses. . .She's growing up and you can dress her like a boy but she's ALL Girl! What a doll. Tiff

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

WOW! That is alot of purses!!! I got a new purse recently! Well, sort off! I bought a bigger diaper bag for Noah and use it as a purse too! :) heehee That is too funny you have 2 purses exactly alike! You are teaching me so much :) I need to tell Bobby I need to buy more than 1 purse! heehee

hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

demetrisfamily said...

Are you sure you didn't go to NYC to buy new handbags and used work as an excuse? Glad to hear that you had a successful shopping trip and hopefully, some new schools too! Jaden looks beautiful and even if you dressed her in boy clothes on a daily basis, there would be no mistaking that she's a girl! Funny, I get asked if Tripp's a girl sometimes and wonder how anyone could mistaken him & his big boy head for a girl.

Nancy

Sarah said...

At least Daddy put some Hello Kitty socks on the girl. I wonder what your son would think about having Daddy put Hello Kitty socks on him.