Poor J - still groggy and cranky from the drugs, no bath for 2 days, eyes swollen and caked with ointment and still groggy from the drugs - not her best moment but out of my deep sense of responsibility to the blogging world, she had to endure an early morning photo session so I could report it like it is. Not happy with mamma.
She's a little happier watching cartoons with her nemesis. (We could be a commerical for Wubba-Nubs.)
My brother, sister-in-law and niece from Japan are here visiting this week. Thank goodness for Cece. Jaden loves her and seems to remember her from Japan. I was able to leave J with her late yesterday afternoon when I took Mikey to a pulmonology appointment.
Mikey - now there's a high maintenance kid for you. You may recall he's been off/on sick since we were in Taiwan. I've tried everything in my arsenal of Mikey-meds but nothing has been working. He still gag/coughs all night and even vomited on my bedroom floor the night before. So I made a last minute appointment for him with the intention of getting to the bottom of this. I filled the doctor in on what was happening concluding with, "So I'd like to know if he's sick, has allergies or is experiencing asthma." I spread out the 3 different inhalers I have and presented a list of the oral medications I'd administered as of late. He left the room and returned with:
2 more inhalers
2 more oral meds
1 order for a chest x-ray (due to his former-preemie-with-crappy-lungs status)
All of this on top of Jaden's eye ointment and thyroid medication. Isn't it enough that we have to give them vitamins and brush their teeth? (thought - I should have become a pharmacist with my oh-so-useful chemistry degree)
Breathing/vomiting/gagging difficulties aside, Mikey's having a ball with his cousins, Rusty and Kayla, all within 3-6 months of each other in age. I'd be dead if I had triplets.


6 comments:
Oh Wow! Full house for you...
Hope that she is feeling better and more like herself later on today. Poor baby girl, still a groggy gal.
And to top it all off Mikey is sick too. And I thought that I was having a bad week! Maybe not so much...LOL. Enjoy your company and I hope the kiddos feel better soon.
Lora
Poor Thing. :( I think her eyes do look straighter in that photo of them sitting on the couch. Her cousins will be a perfect distraction from the discomfort. I hope Mikey feels better soon. What a couple of sweet peas.
Holli
Can life get any crazier for you? Poor sweet Jaden. I wish her a speedy recovery. No doubt she'll bounce back like a trooper. Sorry to hear that Mikey is still feeling under the weather. I hope that he shakes this thing soon. It must be so frustrating. My two caught the sniffles over the weekend again. UGH.
Nancy
Woah! You've got a whole lot on your plate. Thinking of you tonight...
Glad she is doin better though groggy! Maybe it is best she is for a bit. Poor baby girl. Must be nice to have your company and all to share this time with you :) I will be waiting for the next update!
hugs and prayers
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Oh my. . .and I thought our household was full and crazy! Enjoy your visit with your family, and let's be glad we only have 2 that we're responsible for at the moment! LOL Hugs to the kids and a QUICK RECOVERY too. . .Tiff
Post a Comment