Here we are at day 2 in beautiful New York City. We took a redeye from California that left at midnight and arrived at 8:30am Eastern time. Pretty horrible - didn't sleep a wink.
Here's Mikey in the limo on our way to our hotel. Don't be fooled - it was a ghetto limo. I wasn't very happy but Mikey loved it.
When we got to the hotel, my friend/business partner, Kathy, literally hit her bed and didn't stir so I took Mikey to Toys-R-Us in Times Square then to Central Park for the afternoon. 20 blocks is a long way to walk when you've been awake 24+ hours.
At TRU, I bought Mikey a pretty cool helicopter thing that goes over 20 feet up when wound. Besides visiting his favorite playground in the park, Mikey wanted to play with this new toy in an open area.
He was enthralled with it until I took over to 'show him how you really do it':
Boy did I ever get a stink-eye from Mikey when the reality of what I'd done hit him. Knowing my idol status was at great risk, I spend over half an hour throwing things at it until it (miraculously) fell out of the tree.
Today we went to FAO Schwartz where Kathy bought a beautiful handmade doll for Jaden. We were amazed at how much it looked like J. What do you think?
Speaking of my J. I knew I'd miss her but I wasn't prepared for how much. I've been calling her 3 times a day. Daddy and Grandma say she kisses the phone while I'm talking to her. My arms are aching to hold and snuggle my little T-Wonst.This evening was the opening reception of the conference we're attending. Mikey was so excited and proud to show off his little uniform. He was quite a hit - especially with the ladies.
Chairman of the Board must be quite taxing. Here's Mikey a 1/2 hour after into the reception.
I was quite miffed with the conference organizers. Upon arrival today we find out there's a $700 fee for access to the wireless Internet. This is NOT what you want to hear when a) your product is web-based software, 2) you're already paid $2500 just to attend, and 3) you didn't bring an alternative because you thought Internet access was included. Response? "We listed what was included - a table and 2 chairs." Raving Mad Me: "There's overhead lighting in the conference room. THAT'S NOT LISTED. The room is carpeted. THAT'S NOT LISTED." I went on and on and on, pointing out every little thing that wasn't included. I made no points with the organizers. Guess that's why I'm kept behind closed doors.
For the ride home, Mikey and I took the NYC rickshaw. We went right through the middle of Times Square which is quite beautiful at night in a techno sorta way.
Tomorrow is the full day of the conference. I vow to:
1) keep my cool, and
2) find a way to hop onto a wireless connection without paying.
We're hoping to hit Battery Park on Sunday to go purse shopping.









5 comments:
Wonderful post. . .keep your cool? WHY? You're in NY lady! Go for it. . .Sounds like you and Mikey are enjoying some 1:1 time together. And yes, the doll looks like it was made just for J! Have a safe trip. Don't buy too many purses! Well, be sure to bring home at least one authentic one, k?? LOL Hugs, Tiff
I'm sorry but when you don't keep your cool... I am SO amused! Maybe it's because, 1. for once, it's not me... and 2. you're so creative when you're ticked off.
I think Tiff's house can be the perfect purse party place. Get one for all of us... I will come bearing cash! ;)
Mikey looked so handsome in his work attire! I can just imagine how he charmed the ladies. The doll is so cute and really does look like your little J. Sorry to hear about the outrageous internet access fee. That's robbery. Glad that you at least put up a fight! Have a great rest of the trip and can't wait to hear about your shopping excursions.
Nancy
That doll looks just like her! WOW! Ahh, I would have lost it too! Have fun shopping. Mikey looks adorable. I'll check back to see what's next!
Hey Ramona!!
Looks liek you're having a great tiime in NYC. I can't wait to take the girls there one day! Mikey is getting so big and you two look adorable in that last pic!
Also, we're glad to hear that Jaden is feeling good after surgery and bounced right back into normal toddler-mode. I swear- she gets more beautiful every day! :-)
Have a great trip!
-Eryn, Gregor and girls
Post a Comment