Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Morning

October 19, 2008
We got back from San Francisco late last night.  Mikey and Jaden had fun with Mike while I slaved away at a client site.  Mike did a great job of sending me pictures from his iPhone throughout the 2 days.  They spent Friday at the Exploratorium and Saturday at the SF Zoo.  Early Friday morning I got this one:
Mikey would be happy to just eat restaurant jelly for breakfast but I won't allow it, especially before he's had anything healthy.  The devlish grin in this picture is letting me know daddy let him eat jelly before breakfast.
The Exploratorium is a great hands-on museum for children of all ages. There's a lot of science-type exhibits and experiments made into fun activities for children.  I remember going there in grade school.  This is Mikey's 2nd time there and he, once again, went hog-wild. 
The caption on this picture was 'She's being so good.'

Neither kid was really into the zoo.  Mikey treked around looking for rides and Jaden whined for her 'ba' (bottle) most of the day.

I think the business travel will be slowing down until next February at which time we're off on another whirlwind tour from San Francisco to Washington DC with lots of other trips between.  I'd really like to start nesting and get ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This morning I had one of those rare opportunities where Jaden and I got up early together and were able to have breakfast and play, one-on-one.  Here's a picture of her trying to put her sweatshirt back on.
And another of her destroying the Sunday paper before daddy gets to read it.  Uh oh!
Our time together was short-lived, though.  Once her hero got up, it was all about him.
I spend a lot of time these days staring at my daughter.  She gets more beautiful every day.  She's got the longest lashes I've ever seen on a human being and her features are simply perfect.  I don't know what I was expecting when we decided to adopt, but, with the exception of that ear-;piercing scream of hers, she's dang near a perfect baby.  I must have done something really really good in a former life to get such perfect children, although I think Mike would beg to differ where Mikey's concerned. :-)

This afternoon we're off to Tiff's house where we'll meet up with Lucy, Samantha and Gracyn along with their families - something we're really looking forward to.

3 comments:

lorabelle said...

Your kids really are too cute! Jaden seems to be really blossoming into her "own". Looks like they had a fun week, while poor Mama had to work...
Have a wonderful time catching up with everyone this afternoon. I SO wish that Indy wasn't so far away for you guys. I would love to meet up with everyone as well! Take a lot of pictures!
Lora

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

How in the world did you figure out how to get Daddy to remember the photos?!
;0) How fun & I'm with Lora... I wish I was closer too... I'd love play dates!

Megan said...

Next time you have to let us know when you are heading back. We would gladly entertain the troops! It was wonderful to meet you guys this weekend. J is much more beautiful in person and Mickey is adorable!
Hugs Megan