The first of a long string of business trips found us having some fun time in Bodega Bay on Sunday. The sand is quite different from S. Calif. beach sand and even Miami sand. It's half way between dirt and sand - actually quite good for making sand cakes (note to moms - if you cannot make it look like a castle, call it a sand cake, put a stick in the top and sing Happy Birthday to your kid - works every time).
On the way there, we were amazed at how well Jaden did in the car. Not a peep. She drank her bottle, sucked her binkie and looked out the window for over 2 hours. On the way back - screamed all the way home. Guess you gotta appreciate whatever you can get.
Did anyone catch the season premiere of Desperate Housewives? (very guilty pleasure of mine) Anybody else identify with Eva Longoria's character, Gabi? Tumbleweed hair, little to no makeup, 5-10 pound weight gain, frumpy unmatched clothing and ALL BECAUSE SHE HAS 2 KIDS NOW. Imagine THAT!
Today is Jaden's post-op appointment for her eye surgery. By tomorrow evening, she will not longer be cross-eyed. I think we're gonna miss her signature look.


4 comments:
Looks and sounds like you had a nice time! Ramona, you have a great sense of humor and I so appreciate it! Yes, I have Eva days myself quite a bit lately!!!
I will keep Miss Jaden in my thoughts, she is always in my heart. Keep us posted on how things go! I know what you mean about missing her crossed eyes, I actually thought the same thing...But knowing how much happier she will hopefully be is a wonderful thought.
Lora
Great photo of you with the kids - work those biceps girl! Glad you guys got to enjoy the beach. I'm terrified of putting Gracyn in the car for longer than 30 minutes! We'll always know Jaden for her sweet little crossed eyes! Hugs, Tiff
Praying all goes well with Surgery! Keep me posted PLEASE! Thanks for updates and pics!
hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
How wonderful that you had time for some fun at the beach! I'm looking forward to taking our two to Sea Ranch next month. Hope all went well with Jaden's surgery.
Nancy
Post a Comment