Wednesday, September 17, 2008

These Eyes

September 17, 2008
Yesterday was Jaden's 2nd appointment with the opthamologist. Recall she didn't do very well at the first one, screaming oh-so loudly while clamping her eyes shut. I'm happy to report she did very well this time and we now have surgery scheduled for October 1. She'll be put under and the doctor will loosen 3 muscles by rotating her eyeball, so no cuts although the thought of rotating the eyeball enough to work on the muscles behind sounds pretty gruesome. We're very excited to see our sweet [sic] complacent [sic] delicate [sic] baby girl with straight eyes. Wonder if we'll need to go through a whole new bonding process once she really sees us.

Uh oh, I can see we're getting ready to start our day off as usual. Mikey + Jaden + laundry bakset = pending disaster.
Yep, just like I thought.
Brother is trying to *console* his distraught little sister. Who could have done something so cruel to her??? - Hero Mikey will rescue her. And so my peaceful morning is no longer. This just in. It got uncommonly quiet around here for a bit. I was pretending not to notice because 1) I was REALLY enjoying it and 2) it could only mean one thing...they were up to no good. Reluctantly I go hunting and hear quiet voices behind the pantry door. With growing fear I slowly open the door to find RICE ALL OVER THE FLOOR - Jaden's tossing and Mikey's scattering with the broom. Beautiful. (Look familiar Lora?)

Top phrases around here:

1) Mikey, GET OFF OF HER.

2) Jaden, quit banging your head.

3) Jaden, quit screaming.

4) Mikey, GET OFF OF HER.

3 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I loved this post and the photos! YUCK rice is so hard to get up too! :) least it is cute kiddos spilling it and not a clumsly mama like is my case usually! How old is Jaden again? She seems so much older than Mr. Noah!

hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

lorabelle said...

Yes! I keep intending to re-organize my pantry and this has really convinced me to do so! Thank you very much for reminding me not to put these kinds of items on my lower shelves! I think I'm going to tackle this job after the kids go down tonight. (What else would a mom of four have to do on a Saturday night?!). Your kids are so cute and too funny Ramona...
Lora

Megan said...

I have to add they are so darn cute together!!!!