Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's not Always Roses

September 2, 2008
It's not always roses. I normally upload only happy-J pictures, but that's not the only child we brought home. We also brought home a little hot-tempered "I want my way" child. This morning when I had her on my lap while eating breakfast, she kept flinging the Mini Wheats out of my cereal bowl. After a dozen "No's" I put her down. She proceeded to fling her body onto the floor and cry. I've gotten pretty good at ignoring these fits, especially since she no longer screams at the top of her lungs at me.
When finished with breakfast, I went into the dining room. She quit crying long enough to watch where I was going and crawl after me only to fling her body onto the floor again and pick up where she left off with crying. This is where we are now, me at the dining room table posting to my blog with her wailing next to me. Oh, let me take that back...she's starting to scream at me. Better go so I can switch rooms.
And 2 hours later...just like her mom, food makes everything better.
FYI. The Mini Wheats box in the background is not garbage, it's a toy.

This picture is from yesterday. Jaden likes to zoom around the house with her Walmart cart and her baby (Daisy Duck) hanging out of the basket by one leg. No, she did not learn this through experience. Dare I mention I've been back on the double stroller hunt? Decided to go back to the idea of one stroller for all needs. Mikey is still small enough (and will most likely be for quite some time) that we'll be using a stroller for at least another year. The Baby Planet didn't work out because like all side-by-side umbrella stroller, the seats are very narrow. He had a very difficult time napping in it at Tokyo Disneyland. We also still needed a double jogger since where we live is hilly with no sidewalks. Guess what??? I think we finally found the perfect stroller! Well, almost - we're down to the Bob Revolution Duallie, but as fate would have it, there's 2 models, the difference being the size of the back tires. For a short while, we are the proud owners of both, one here, the other on it's way - yesterday was the last day of a big Bob sale, thus the need to have both purchased by yesterday. Once I test drive both, I'll report which one is the winner (and return the loser based on less than 100% satisfaction - guaranteed).

No comments: