Since working at home and especially since becoming a multi-kid mom, I find grooming myself to be quite a chore. I still force myself to change out of my PJs (95% of the time) and slap on at least some makeup but it's still not a presentable look. Whenever I have to venture out into public, I hope I don't run into somebody I knew in my groomed life or any life for that matter. There are times, however, I get the gumption to put on something other than sweats and thongs, straight-iron my hair and make an effort to properly apply my face. Yesterday was such a day. Feeling Cosmo and ready to hit the mall, I relieved my 15 year old stepson, Brandon, of his Sunday chores and took him along (1st year in high school so it's all about the mall). In the car I opened the sunroof, turned up the tunes and sang along to a favorite Aerosmith song. About 10 minutes into our ride, Brandon turned the radio down and said (in all seriousness, mind you), "Dude. Did you ever get invited to, like, your 50 year class reunion?"
Moving right along...as life gets back on track albeit with a longer train, we can close the 'pre/post' adoption chapter now, too, regardless of how short it was. So here's another tribute to another of our children who, in 2 short months, has proven to be a miracle in her own right.
Jaden on Gotcha Day (couldn't even stand):
And Jaden today (Weebles wobble but they don't fall down):
Truly amazing and truly beautiful. I could only hope to be half the person my kids are.

4 comments:
I look at her and just smile...I sometimes can't believe that this is the same little girl that touched my heart standing there in her crib trying to get my attention. She is such a beautiful and sweet spirited little girl! I love seeing her happy...
Lora
What a total doll! :) Wow has it been that long? To bad we aren't closer :) I would love to ride with you in car and sing sing sing! heehee but again I am 40 and OLD dont ya know! heehee
hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
HAHA! Who would ever have thought that singing along to an Aerosmith tune would date you like that! I remember going to their concert MANY moons ago but it seems like yesterday. Hear ya on the 2 kiddo adjustment and it being so easy to 'let go' most days. Your princess has come a long way already and the best is yet to come!
Nancy
I somehow didn't link your new blog to my site and fell so behind - but I enjoyed catching up on all the posts. Mikey's uniform looks so handsome, and your kids are so entertaining! Umm, just so you know, while you guys stole, "you're making me nervous," we just stole, "T-wonster" - LOL
Hope to see you guys soon! Tiff
Post a Comment