March 31, 2009
Just got home from the grocery store because tomorrow Mikey's preschool will be celebrating his birthday. Each kid will draw a picture for his birthday book, he'll get a crown and wand and they'll sing to him before he blows out the candles on the fake cake. At the end of the day, Mikey will pass out cupcakes - that's why we were at the store, getting some help from Betty C.
As usual, it took me a long time to get through the store because Mikey was pokin' along, looking at this, touching that, babbling the whole time, "Mom, can I have this? Pleeeezzee?" "Mom, what's this?" "Mom, watch me, I can jump on one leg", etc., etc., etc. And I can be heard saying, "Mikey, put that back." "Mikey, hurry up, I'm leaving." "Jaden, quit screaming." "Mikey, don't poke a holes in those."
Today it was, "Mikey, watch where you're going!" because he insisted on walking every isle backwards. Finally he ran smack center into the rather spaceous behind of a woman who was bent over retrieving something from beneath her cart. As she stood up and turned around, Mikey stepped back, looked up at her, plugged his nose and exclaimed, "Ooooooh, stinky butt!"
8 years ago

7 comments:
ROFL I so needed that laugh!!!!!!!
kids
heehee
hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
No way! That's flippin' hilarious! That almost tops Peyton asking our Alta Case Worker if she was pregnant. And he kept asking and asking and I kept trying to shut him up! (All while I was smiling and sending them on their way - they were just leaving, and that darn kid! I tell ya!)
I can totally picture that whole scene, too funny!
Hope you didn't have to see her again.
Didn't I see Mike do that exact thing in Disneyland?
Read your blog, that's my Mikey. It gave Grandma a laugh. Reminded me of some of the things his Mama used to do. Love Mom
Oh Too funny... I read this post last night but was too tired to comment. It kept popping into my head and I kept giggling about it until DH told me to please shush and then he layed there and laughted about it too!
I have 3 boys, and as much as I would like to tell you that this is just a stage...I've got to warn you that this stage lasts a very long time! I'm not really sure that it gets any better Ramona. It gets different, but not really better. Sorry. Just keep smiling! It's a "boy thing"!
Thanks. Now I have tea all over my damn computer. Warn me next time, would ya?
Post a Comment