March 5, 2009
Back in November, I posted about Jaden having a temper tantrum (to put it lightly) in Costco. I even mentioned a video of the event BUT because it was so disturbing FOR ME, I didn't include it. Well a lot has changed since then and I can now laugh at it so I figured it's time to share.
On a particularly antsy afternoon, my friend, Kathy, and I decided to take a work break and jaunt down to Costco to get the kids out of the house and pick up a few necessities. Having finished my shopping, the kiddie monsters and I descended upon the Christmas toys. Right in the middle of the isle, glowing like Hollywood bling-bling was a baby doll stroller just a-hollerin' Jaden's name. She skipped shuffled as fast as she could to get that stroller. OH BOY was she happy.
We stayed at the toys for a good 15 minutes while she walked that stroller up and down the isle. After about 15 minutes, it was time to go so I gently pulled the stroller from her but she wouldn't let go. I pulled a little harder and she resisted a little harder. You can see where this is going. I ended up on my knees wrestling with the screaming little demon and she still WOULD.NOT.LET.GO. (In my defense, her occupational therapist says she has the grip of a 4 year old.)
I could try to describe what happened next, but why do that when I can show you? Just know that I tried everything, talking to her, picking her up, rubbing her back, everything. That said, here's the notorious video of my sweet little J in her full T-Wonst glory.
That's not the end. Soon as I stopped taping, Kathy called me. Cupping her hand over the receiver she hissed, "Is that Jaden??!!" Cupped mouth hissy response, "Yesssss!!" Kathy: "I'm at the entrance waiting for you guys and someone who walked by said, 'What's that? I didn't know they allowed pets in Costco.'!!" I just wanted to cry.
So why am I sharing this now? Because it's OK to show it now. Mikey, the Blackberry mastah, loves to watch this video so he plays it often (you can hear him snicker in the background). Guess who else loves this video? Yep, THE star herself. Whenever she hears it playing, she hustles to the source, points at the screen and gleefully squeals, "JJ! JJ!" (So much for my theory that showing it to her one day would make her straighten up.) I've also seen several posts from mommies who are experiencing the same thing. Know you are not alone and that through trail and error you will find your resolution (although you may lose your sanity before then).
On a closing note, anyone else hear that song by Hall and Oats, 'She's a Maniac', while watching this? (She's a maniac, maniac on the floor~~)
7 comments:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh lord, have I ever been there!We better pray that Red and JJ never have simultaneous tantrums. I'm thinking natural disaster!
She and Noah can play in the same band!!!!!
hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Being a local and all, i got to preview that video, but I love your new spin on it. . .It's water under the bridge now. . .who cares?! Not sure I heard the about that "animal" comment though - that had me ROTFL. Can't wait to see you guys!
"She's a maaaaaaanaic... MA-NA-IC... on the FLOOOOOOR. And's she's kickin' and screamin' like she's ne-ver thrown a bit be-foooooore." Oooh yeah. That's good. REAL good. I'll never think of that song the same way again!
Hey Ramona!
I went private, so send me your email if you want an invite. :)
lattessc at yahoo dot com
Don't make me school you with the music trivia... (Michael Sembello)
Man, I remember those days all too well. I still get the shooting pain up my spine. Isn't it nice to breathe now?
WOW! She's fantastic! It's kind of amazing to watch that she didn't bust an ankle or something! That's concrete. And that scream is a note never reached before in this world! he he Sorry I'm laughing... I've been there... okay she wins in the drama tantrum dept with my monkeys so far... but ask me again after we bring home Milana.
=0) sara.sofa
Post a Comment