Monday, March 2, 2009

She's Dangerous

March 2, 2009
Saturday I ventured out by myself with my kiddie monsters. Our first stop was a park suggested by a friend. Set at the center of a huge field, the playground has 2 different jungle gyms, one for big kids and another for little kids. I won't bore you with a playground play-by-play, I just wanted to share a proud mommy moment.As Jaden clumsily climbed to the first step of the little jungle gym, a snotty faced little rat girl aged late 2s to early 3s jumped over her and landed on the step right above. She wheeled around to face Jaden and snarled through her teeth, "No!" Jaden turned her little face up to the girl and sweetly responded, "No." SFRat little girl leaned forward to about 6 inches of Jaden's face and yelled, "You can't come up here!" I was postioned into my panther-mom crouch getting ready to pounce the venemous prey when Jaden outstreched both arms, hands splayed, palms facing the girl and hissed at her! The SFRat girl's face morphed from pinch-faced mean to shocked and she turned on her heals to scurry away. J looked over to me with her own look of shock as if to say, "Wow. It really worked." This is a move she learned from the Super Fireshooter from Na Na (a.k.a. superhero brother Mikey). I am relieved to know my little T-Wonst can hold her own against others besides her big brother.

Afterwards we went out to lunch, visited a toy store (yes, they each got one) and a book store (got one there, too). The 3 of us had a really nice day together, but by the end they had successfully wracked my last nerve and I was very ready for bedtime.

6 comments:

Staci said...

You go J girl! Isn't it so nice when you see your kids stand up for themselves. She is so stinkin cute!

lorabelle said...

Oh Holy cow! You had me in position and I'm half way across the country!! Ain't nobody messing with our "J-Girl"!
SO happy to hear that she has picked up so quickly on everything her big bro Mikey has impressed upon her and used it accordingly. What a brave big girl. I am so proud of her!

Anonymous said...

If this is the park I think it is, we've had a run in with that SNF Rat Girl. She made Selby cry, so maybe J can give her lessons!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Short of SFRat girl sounds like a wonderful day out together :) Thanks for sharing it with us! And GO J :) What a big girl!

Blessings,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

You go JJ!!! Good for her, mama! Can she fight her way to the front of line at Disneyland for us too???

Expecting Good Things said...

Yeah! Ain't no one messing with Miss Jaden! Little Rat Girl can go pick on someone else. :)
Holli