We've been making day trips to South Lake Tahoe for a couple of months now and I've decided I will take no more. It's a 1.5 hour drive on a windy windy highway, I always get carsick and I'm usually banished to the 'Heck-No-Techno-No-Not-Me!' seat - the one between the Kiddie-Monsters' carseats. This makes for a miserable day - me trying to keep from losing my cookies while the little people whine, demand, smack, cry and scream. Makes me wanna hang myself.
"I'll get you some Dramamine for the ride home," my oh-so-concerned husband offered last Sunday when I told him to head home with the KMs - I was getting a hotel and would figure something out. "OK, OK, I'll take some."
BIG MISTAKE.
Fighting off the sleepy side effects of the Dramamine while my rabid KMs were at the pinnacle of their pandemonium was worse than the ride up. Made me wanna hang myself and jump off a cliff just to make sure I was dead.
There was a single moment of peace, however. Did my napless KMs FINALLY pass out?
Peering under one heavy eyelid, I lolled my 50 pound head towards Mikey....
then the other way towards Jaden.

Not napping, just busy.
I took a deep breath, shook off my near-slumber and hunted for some tissue as I surrendered myself to the perils of mommyhood and vowed this to be my last LAST LaSt last day trip to Tahoe.

3 comments:
You poor thing! I get car sick while tending to the kids too! I think it's all the bending down to get stuff from their bag or dropping paci's, and turning left and right - drives me crazy too! The booger shots are pretty darn funny though! You gotta admit. Blog-WORTHY BABY!
Haha! Funny post! You know and I know what really makes you car sick. It's your beloved BB that keeps you from focusing on the road! I am so with you on the boogers. Tripp has been grossing me out these past couple of months when he sticks his finger up his nose, then into his mouth, grabs my attention and says, "YUMMY!". Please don't tell me that this last well after 4 years??
I am a car sick type of person as well, and airsick (never knew that till Noah! :) heehee Anyway your km are adorable! :) I can't say I blame you I would swear of them too!
hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Post a Comment