Five years ago today, I'd already been in the hospital 10 days, on my back, hips higher than my teeny tiny belly trying to keep my 24 week fetus in utero.
Born at 27 weeks, and spending the next year focused on keeping him alive, it's hard to believe Mikey will be 5 in a week.
Considering that a 27-weeker has a much higher probability of dying before hitting 5 years old than a full term baby, boy-oh-boy are we ever gonna celebrate this year.

9 comments:
What a great milestone to celebrate! Party hard Mikey! I still can't believe all that you went through, all that Mikey endured, and well, that's why he's your "punkin' nut" (did I get that right?) and that's why you still let him sleep with you, and that's why he still has a paci. He is Mama's boy. YOUR Miracle Boy. Happy Happy Five Years Mikey! You're as handsome as ever! Don't worry, you might be getting a little older, but you'll always have your Mama wrapped around your little finger!
Happy Birthday Mikey!!!
Tiff - you got that right!
WHat a wonderful celebration! 5 years! So do yall do the visits back to nicu? He was so tiny! Such a miracle boy! Congrats on this milestone!
hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Happy Happy Day Mikey! You handsome little devil!
WOW 5 years old Mikey! Happy Birthday you old man!
I keep forgetting that he's only 13months younger than my CoCo (Coen).
Keep them as young and ya can for as long as ya can! That's what my MiMi used to say... I agree with her! Now, I think I'm going to go wake up Coen, stick a binki in his mouth up and bring him back to bed with me tonight! LOL Just kidding... Enjoy the Birthday weekend, Hope its a blast!
WOW - I'm all weepy during family movie night. (while I look at blogs, bad mama!) Mikey is such an incredible kid with such spirit, it's amazing he was ever fighting for life and not grabbing it by the horns.
Congratulations, Mom. Huge milestone. Tell him that when he and Jake are college roommates, he can bring the paci and J will bring Bartlett his blanket. They can pick up some cool chicks with those props.
What a freakin' miracle, that kid.
He is such a little miracle. I am just so glad I've gotten to see him grow! He's awesome. Happy Birthday Mikey!
Happy Birthday Mikey! Look how far he's come! Love the "yummy little punkin nut". That's cute.
Holli
Post a Comment