Friday, January 30, 2009

Party Girl

January 31, 2009
Yesterday, Jaden celebrated the Chinese New Year with her Parent/Toddler classmates. I dressed her in her cheongsam-ish outfit we picked up in Japan over the summer and stuffed 15 red envelopes each with a quarter and a sticker.

We first took Mikey to his preschool where he and J presented Mikey's teacher with a red envelope. (Mikey's class also celebrated the CNY yesterday.)
Then we headed to Jaden's school. Luckily it was our turn to bring the class snack so along with the string cheese and bananas, we served fortune cookies. (Mike noticed the fortunes were written in English and Spanish, not Chinese, but Spanish. Only in California.) She attended her afternoon OT appointment in her cute little outfit and even wore it to her tri-monthly blood draw immediately after. See the band aid? And at the end of the day, she STILL looks yummy!

Earlier this week:
What is it they say, "If you can't beat 'em, let 'em join you"?, or something to that effect. I really don't think I have a choice in the matter.

4 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

aww they are adorable! :) Looks like a wonderful time was had :)

Blessings,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

lorabelle said...

Her hair is getting so long and it looks so darn cute pulled up in those little tails like that! Glad that Mikey and J had fun celebrating CNY with their classmates. As always, they couldn't be any more adorable... Sounds like Mommy might have enjoyed herself just a little bit too!

momwithfaithandhope said...

What a cute outfit and perfect piggies to go with it! And what a trooper - she made it through her blood draw and still looked adorable! So,when are you gettin' those kiddos some bberries!

Our Family said...

They both look too cute! I envy you having a pre-school that celebrates CNY. We celebrate big time at home but Sierra has NEVER had any class, at any school, celebrate! We actually host the Girl Scout CNY celebration every year for that reason.

Anyway...hope you are all well. I've been overwhelmed with life and everything it's been throwing at me but I decided to force myself to stay up to catch up on a few blogs and emails and I'm really glad I did. It's really great to see your kids!
Take care! Lori