As promised, I've put together a Gotcha Day video. It ended up being a bigger deal than I'd planned because, well, this whole adoption journey ended up being a bigger deal than I'd planned.
I've been hesitant about posting a Gotcha Day video because it was a very sad day, especially for Jaden so don't be surprised if I you can't find it later (I may remove it). When I talk about Jaden's transformation since day one, it includes the whole family with the exception of Mike - he's been a rock since day one. I still shake my head when I watch footage of Jaden screaming at him and in return, he kisses the top of her head. I'd have a mighty big heart if it was even half the size of my husband's.
There are two reasons I finally decided to share this. Not only would I like other families adopting toddlers to know there's light, big light, at the end of the tunnel, but I'd also like to acknowledge those who spent time with Jaden while she was at SLC, when she first came home and who continue to be an integral part of her life. Each of them had a hand in getting us where we are today, so thank you.
10 comments:
My dear, you did it! You did a wonderful job of capturing what you were trying to capture and I can hardly type this for the tears that are streaming down my face right now... Thank you for sharing this Ramona, I know that it was difficult for you. Your tender touch and gentleness flows the entire time you are walking around trying to comfort & console poor Jaden. She was such a scared tiny little thing. It's so nice to see the rambunctious little toddler she has transformed herself into. Perhaps Mikey has met his match or just been a really good teacher!
WOW!! You did wonderful job :)
hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Ramona,
As I type this through tears, I just wanted to tell you that I think what you portrayed in your video is very common for many families. I have to say that Jia went through that same kind of inconsolable, heartbreaking upset for weeks after she came home, mostly when she was tired. (It had to be even harder for you to be going through that right there at SLC with everyone watching) It is so sad that the kids have to go through these rough transitions so young, but they all seem to come out of it fine with the love from their families. Jaden just gets cuter everyday! I'm glad to hear she continues to do well.
I was in tears before it was half over. I had forgotten how tiny and scared Jaden was. She has grown so much in such a short period of time. Thank you for sharing. I remember seeing your gotcha day video the day we met Jaden, and most of those photos along your journey, but somehow until they were all together did it hit me - she's home, she's grown, she's your daughter.
Thank you thank you for posting this. Jaden stole my heart at St. Lucy's. It seemed she just needed a mommy so very much. I anticipated that you would have a tough transition based on the way she was acting - she needed a lot of holding and they were always carrying her around while trying to complete the thousands of tasks they carry out everyday. Rosa said something about Jaden needing extra love - she seemed very sad. But look at her now!! She has truely changed into a happy child under your care. You should be so proud of that. It's very emotional for me to see your video - because of seeing you meeting her in the same room I met Sarah, because I met Jaden there too, because Jaden was waiting for you then, because it's so amazing seeing her in your arms for the first time.
This is a beautiful, beautiful video. Watching you with Jaden made me cry, but they truly are tears of joy, because I get to see her now, with you and with Mike and see what your love and care have done for that lovely little girl. Thank you for sharing this. It is truly amazing.
Hi Mo! I just watched this video, and the whole time I had tears of joy. This video means a lot to us as well, as we were also part of your adventure on your way of picking her up. What a touching video, especially the last few seconds, where we could see 5 months later all her improvements, and how happy she's become and how much she loves you, Mike, and Mikey. You have done a splendid job raising and taking care of her, Mo. You and Mike sure are meant to be Jaden's parents. You guys are awesome for both Mikey and Jaden. We have seen how you both have been there for them through tough times, you guys never give up and never loose hope. Look at them now, they are so precious, very healthy, and very very happy, very much loved by family and friends! They are beautiful,talented beauregards!!! Excellent job raising them, Mo! I know you are a super mom! And I respect you a lot for that. You're my Idol, sis!!! Love this video!!!
Wow, that is truly amazing to see the transformation. You guys have the hugest hearts in the world, being able to open up to her, and get her to where she is today.
wow i don't even know you and i am crying while i watch the video. it's amazing. you have done wonders and you daughter seems so happy and settled. Well done you did it!
I don't know you either...I'm here from Jennie. This must have been heartwrenching, yet so amazing! Jaden is a beautiful little girl, and your loving touch comes through that video. When she finally laid her head down on your shoulder, I thought, "Ahhhh, ya...she's home at last."
What a beautiful story and family you have.
Post a Comment