First, the Accomplishment: Part of every developmental evaluation we've had done, even for Mikey, assesses a child's block stacking skill. Mikey was able to do this early on, but this seemingly simple task has illuded J until last night.

She stacked 3-4 high a few times. Sure, we did it about 25 times but even one time is cause for celebration. Now I can let her therapists know she has passed Blocks 101 and maybe she can advance a month on her skills scale.
Now the Reflection: I've been thinking about yesterday's post regarding Nasty-Anonymous-Comment-Leavers, or 'NACLeS', who cannot resist going public with their mean, nonsensical rantings and I'm convinced a different approach is in order. (After all, these beings suffer from a disorder of sorts, maybe an addiction or compulsion.) Having received an honorary psychiatry degree, compliments of Reality TV, I know appealing to his/her humanitarian[sic] side is not the way to go. The best thing to do is to provide them with an outlet or diversion. So to fulfill my annual public service duty, I dug up a few website where NACLeS can post as many self-righteous, offensive, vile, rotten, condescending comments as they'd like.
http://www.wellsfargosucks.com/
http://www.jetblue.com/help/contactus/help_contact_problems.aspx
http://www.corp.att.com/contact/
And please, feel free to mention that I, Ramona, recommended you visit.
7 comments:
Ramona, Each and every time I come visit your blog, I am ROFL! It MUST be a disorder! I agree with the att & Wells Fargo. Add my name on there as well. I have one to add, if I may, http://sprintreallysucks.blogspot.com/
There, I feel much better! : )
Have a fabulous week!
Hooray for J, getting those towers built!!! On to the next skill! : )
Ramona,
It is such a rewarding feeling watching our children master these skills. Unless you have experienced taking a child to therapy and racking your brain wondering if and your child will be able to accomplish their task, then you truly can't appreciate what a fantastic feeling it is. I've mentioned to you before that I have been there, and I so feel your pride. I bet she is really proud of herself too. I hope so!
Lora
Oh, I had to laugh at the end of your post as well. Too funny!!!
ROFL on the where they can leave comments :) heehee As for the block stacking! I SO relate! and so does Maria (Noah's special therapist!!!) She brings those blocks out EVERY time and tries and tries so hard so that she can mark that off as done! It just doesn't happen though! Congrats to Miss Jaden for learning this skill that is apparently very difficult! :) I bet yall were hoopin and hollerin for her when she did it :) YIPPEEEE YOU GO GIRL from Aunt tami in Louisiana! heehee
big hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Knowing you, you'll be quickly turning this into stacking dishes -- I can just see T-Wonst and Mikey doing their chores while you sit back and eat Bon Bons.
But seriously, that girl is zipping through her milestones -- awesome!
And would it be OK if I add sears.com and First American Home Robbery (oops I mean warranty.) And don't be forgetting Dome Climbers -- the slimy dude who stole my kids' XMAS gift. Hey, maybe I am just an angry woman.
WAHAHAHAHAHA!
well done little one. thats so great. i remember when sarah first stacked 3 blocks i was so happy to. little things can mean so much. well done. Sarah quickly progressed onto stacking tins...so be warned!
Yay for J!!! That's wonderful that she's officially passed "Blocks 101" - I know the feeling! I can't wait for Gracyn's babble to equate to more than 2 words! And the last part of your post, totally unexpected, and way too funny. I think you may have an honorary degree in comdedy as well.
Post a Comment