I spend a good portion of each day sitting at my computer working (or shopping, surfing, downloading music, watching YouTube, blogging), but mostly working. The only people I fraternize with all day are a 2 year old girl who communicates with her brother by grunting, screaming or speaking in tongues, a 4 year boy old who acts like a 2 year old girl 90% of the time, and my neurotic friend/business partner, Kathy. There are some days we have SO MUCH deadline stress that everything is funny, literally everything.
All it takes is P*ris H*lton sobbing in the back of a police cruiser and it's over. WAAAAHHHH HAAAAAA HAAAAA! Roll to the ground, blot dripping mascara off our cheeks, snort like swines, stopping only long enough to reenact our own versions of the drama. Yeah, pretty sick but eventually we compose ourselves and mumble sympathy for the heir head (or not).
Usually, though, we make our own humor. Take last week for example. After a major WWF between the kiddie-monsters while I was on a conference call, we sat there dumbfounded assessing the damage. Popcorn strewn across the floor, garbage can knocked over, toys piled up, Nutella smeared into the couch cushion, dirty kids passed out on the floor, Sponge seriously-never-allowed-in-this-house Bob playing in the background.
"Kids aren't supposed to live in such filth. Maybe one of us should call CeePeeS." This sent us straight into the depths of major laughing seizures that must have lasted 10 minutes, but know what? While picking our punch-drunk selves up off the floor and wiping our wet swollen eyes, I looked over at the KMs and my heart swelled with the most incredible love. And all it took was a little humor (as well as some elbow grease to clean up and delicately move each child to his/her bed).
So if you, my blogging friends, ever get accused of wearing rose-colored glasses (i.e. using humor to mask hardship), well it sure beats being blind.
With that, I think I'm officially out of fuel.
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
5 comments:
Ramona,
That is! I'm going to have to turn you in !! LOL- Oh Adoption Police...
Seriously though, when my little cousin was little like that she was arguing or laughing at me (probably yelling at me)and I think I was 5-6 at the time anyway, she choked on popcorn and turned every color possible and it took awhile for our parents to get her back. (I personally still don't think she's all there...) so watch that popcorn when you're busy...Oh wait, did I just give advice? I'm sorry....hee hee hee
Man, I hate it when that happens...
didn't proof read it or spell check it. sorry...
Supposed to say; That is it!
You are so funny - thanks for your kind comment on my blog.
Better call CeePeeS to come retrieve those KMs of yours! LOL You are too funny. You brighten our days, so keep that fresh and honest perspective on life, and KEEP BLOGGING!
Be careful chards of glass don't fall out of those rose colored glasses. Officials frown upon that one. Sometimes it's hard to work when they're home, right? I find scissors to be a good distraction for them -- fun for running.
Your cyber sis,
Rose Glass
Post a Comment