Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Big Day All Around

January 20, 2009
There's 3 things happening for us today. 1) First and foremost, our new president will be sworn into office, 2) I register Mikey for kindergarten and 3) it's our 8th wedding anniversary.

Working backwards - our wedding anniversary. Actually, we make a bigger deal of our first date anniverary than our wedding one (which we forgot last year!)

Our first face-to-face meeting was a blind date of sorts so I set up an escape plan with a friend if I didn't like the package. Mike and I met up at a popular bar in old town, did a little sidewalk shopping then had dinner. Not being much of a small conversationalist myself, I fell in love with how much Mike could talk. I distinctly remember thinking, "Wow. He can talk." And being 2 days before Valentines Day, he made me a card by hand. This guy really knew how to work it. Not wanting to end the evening, we sat for hours talking or rather, Mike talking and me happily listening. I even remember the music playing in the background. So there you have it. January 20th is simply a formality to us because February 12th is when it really started. We have dinner at the same restaurant every 12th.

Needless to say, I didn't use my escape plan and here we are, 8 years later with 2 kid-monsters - who woulda thunk. Here's pics of us tying the knot in South Lake Tahoe. Afterwards everyone boarded a ferry for our reception on the lake. Now on to the more important news of the day. WOW! Look at all the people in Washington DC today!! Gotta tell you, Michelle Obama is definitely one of the most beautiful first ladies we've ever had. And I love seeing past presidents come together like this, especially on innauguration day. So much dignity. So now I'm off to register for kindergarten, get some work done and watch the East coast festivities.

7 comments:

momwithfaithandhope said...

Happy Anniversary! What beautiful wedding photos. Congratulations on 8 years, and may you enjoy many, many more together! WOW, Kindergarten registration?! The thought frightens me. . .have fun! Agreed, First Lady Michelle Obama is beautiful, poised, and elegant, not to mention well-spoken and intelligent!

Adoptive Mommy x 3 said...

Happy happy 8th anniversary Mike and Ramona!! And I hope that Kindergarten Reg wasn't too hectic. What a big boy Mikey is!
We enjoyed watching the innaguration as well. What an exciting and special day!

-Eryn

JackieMacD said...

Happy Anniversary you crazy kids! Love the pics. You still got it -- looks like no time has passed.

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

HaPpY AnNiVeRsArY!!!! I LOVE anniversaries!! You look absolutely grogeous... hello hottie! Loved the inauguration and signing up for kindergarten made me all kinds of sad with Nika and I'm gonna bawl with Kole.

Sara.sofa

p.s. We're a first date kind of people too! And ours was a blind date too... only I was set up with his Best Friend! ha ha SO much in common.

ok: my word verification is "dometsic"?

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. I can never remember our the date of when we got married. I do remember he almost stood me up on our first date!

Room for More said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope registration went smoothly. Have a great weekend!

demetrisfamily said...

Awww... Happy 8 years of wedded bliss! What a beautiful bride and a handsome groom! You two haven't changed a bit which is a great sign! Great story of how you met - sounds like the card made Mike a keeper.

Wow! Kinder registration already. Can you even believe it?

It was wonderful watching history being made and I so enjoyed watching the inauguration - even as a proud Canadian. :0)