Monday, February 2, 2009

She's Come a Long Way, Baby

Februrary 2, 2009

As I've mentioned before, Jaden's inability to communicate with us has been extremely frustrating for her. Even though we still have quite a ways to go in this area, we've come a long way in the last month as you'll see in the video. It took at least 5 months to get here but not because of Jaden - her parents were ignorant when it came to teaching her. No matter what we tried, she'd end up being upset or ignoring us. We just didn't know what to do until a specialist suggested teaching her older brother first. That did it - within minutes she was signing, too. What's even more amazing than her ability to pick it up so quickly is that she, on her own, will usually say the word, too. Enjoy! (notice how many times she says her favorite word "No")


13 comments:

Room for More said...

I LOVED her 'NO!" It was so cute! She is doing beautifully! I am off to watch the video again, too cute!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

What an adorable sweet voice! :) I LOVE IT! :) She is so prescious :) I am so excited she is doing so well :)

Big hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Expecting Good Things said...

Wow! She is really talking! I love the "NO!" and "ok, ok". :) Her pony tails are getting bigger too! Go Jaden! I love the dancing video too. :)
Holli

Staci said...

She is so cute! J is doing great with the signing. I loved her "No"! One of N's favorite words is still "NO".

Andrea said...

She is picking things up so quickly! That's awesome.

momwithfaithandhope said...

I can't decide what's cuter, her piggies, her signing, or her voice! Everything about J is so "petite" - so sweet, but so STRONG! Watch out world! Here she comes.

JackieMacD said...

Lucy made me watch this over and over again. Although, I would've even if she weren't sitting here! I actually took a video of her -- so into it.

WOW - what huge strides she's making. Go Jaden!

JackieMacD said...

oh and PS: HOW DO YOU GET HER TO PERFORM? Lucy's all about being goofy til the camera comes out.

Paula Perry said...

very cute, i wish Sarah would sit in front of the camera she is always so desperate to hold it and play with it i can barely ever get a good video of her and i haven't got a single one of her signing...even though she does it all the time, as soon as the camera is out its gone.

lorabelle said...

She is really getting it! How cute sitting there signing and telling you NO! LOL! The first of many, I'm sure...Everyone keeps warning me that our girls are different from our boys in that way. I've been having trouble getting Allie to let me film her as well (Jackie), so if you would share your secret that would be great!

Precious Wonders and Little Monkeys said...

No! No!... Okay okay. So cute. It sounds like my home with my Jadyn! Look at those signs... she's doing fantastic... I actually know those signs and didn't know it... learned something myself today.

Sara.sofa

The Family K. said...

What impresses me is her articulation, both verbally and with her hands. That was a very clear sounding "Thank you" for a kid her age. Plus, her sign for "please" was very precise. William's "please" looks sloppy by comparison; he flaps his hand up and down. Either way, it looks like she's doing great!

Unknown said...

Wow, she can talk so good, Mo! She has come a long way! My goodness, great job, JJ & Mom!!!