February 20. 2009
One evening a week we take the kids to Sky High, a warehouse chock-full of connected trampolines. The first time Jaden visited, she clung to us burying her head in daddy's shoulder. Just look at the little bippie now.
FYI. As I posted earlier, she has integration sensory disorders so bouncing and swinging really help her get her peanuts straight. When we told her occupational therapist we take her trampolining regularly, she said it was one of the best medicines so we bought a family pass. I'm hoping if I go enough, I'll quit feeling as though my belly is slapping me in the face - it really keeps me from letting my true gymnast out. (Nancy - I'm calling it my pre get-out-the-treadmill B2B training.)
PS. Anyone who follows Tiff's blog (sweetpeas), she's got some wonderful news to share.
5 comments:
Looks like fun! Funny how all of that jumping around clicks it all together, huh?! My sister in law owns her own gym and was kind enough to open the doors to us when we discovered that the bouncing would help with Clayton's issues. Horseback riding (I forget the name of the therapy) is also supposed to work wonders...
I have to tell you, there is something about Jaden that still makes me tear up with happiness when I see her enjoying herself like that... She is such a doll.
Oh!
It took my like 4-5 times to get Tiffs post! I even had your comments to look at and still didn't get it...
We have to go there!
Oh! We're definitely coming to Sky High - if only to witness your belly waddle! :0P It's great that you've found something so much fun yet theraputic for Jaden - loved the video! I know that Tripp would love to join her on the tramps!
That looks way fun!! Love the video, J is such a cutie!
Oh geez. . .I feel so bad for the confusing post. . .any how, I love the video of J, and would love to take Gracyn there - she too suffers from sensory issues, so it would be great for that "pressure, joint, stuff" -
Post a Comment