February 12, 2009
I don't get good sleep because all night I'm disturbed by one of 3 evils:
A) a 2 year old Terradactyl screaming toddler who wants her "bee kee, bee kee" (binky) which is always next to her head, or
B) a 4 year old boy who must fight dragons in his sleep every night because I'm constantly being pummeled in the back or the head, or
C) my husband's alarm clock for which he's been threatened will end up smooshed into the carpet if he hits the snooze ONE MORE TIME!!!!
(This is a precursor to my little story so you won't think I'm that bad.)
This morning I got up at 6am-ish, grouchy as usual, cactus hair and unmatching torn flannels - not a desirable sight. I shuffled out to the kitchen where I joined Mike, my bright-eyed and bushy-tailed husband who had just returned from the gym. Without a word, I got my cereal, made coffee, felt my way back to the table and slapped my hiney down into a chair. Just as I was saying hello to BB, Mike came over, stood next to me and resting his hand on my shoulders said, "It started 9 years ago today and I couldn't be happier." I looked up at him with venom and it took a good minute to figure out what the H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS he was buggin' me about so early in the morning. Then it hit me......
today is our 9 year first date anniversary, the anniversary we never forget to celebrate. 9 years ago today at 4:30pm, Mike had finally persuaded me into a face-to-face after months of emailing and talking on the phone (I'm a weenie when it comes to meeting strangers). When our 8 hour date was nearing it's end, Mike pulled out a homemade Valentines Day card. That sealed the deal and the rest is history. Yep, I made out like a bandit - he's definitely a gem, especially when he can coo words of affection to me in the morning with a straight face.
So in celebration, I've uploaded a new video of Mikey snowboarding at Heavenly 2 weeks ago. (I had to work this in somehow.) He wasn't even a thought 9 year ago.
And neither was zip head.


7 comments:
Ramona,
I have a post on my blog from Tuesday with a pic of E w/a cereal box on here head! Happy 1st date Anniversary!! Our 1st date anniversary is tomorrow. 20 years for us! Crazy huh? I hope you get some sleep this weekend to celebrate!
Happy Anniversary!!! He sounds like a great guy. Zip Head made me laugh out loud. FUNNNNYY!!!
You had me laughing!! I read it out loud to Darryl too. That way I'm not the only who forgets these special dates!!! Zip Head, huh? Cute hat those ziplock boxes make!! You want ours? LOL
Well, happy 9 years from your first date, and even if Mikey wasn't a thought back then, look at what the two of you have to celebrate and be proud of! Even if that means crappy nights of sleep. They're worth it!
Happy 9 year first date! We celebrate the first date as well! :) You have a beautiful family! I LOVE the zip head! So cute! Wow! It is so hard to think of Jaden as a 2 year old! A beautimous one though! :) Enjoy your celebration :)
hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
www.loosinitwithjesusin09.blogspot.com
What a dude to remember. Can't wait to see you guys. And yes, I AM going to write that in every post comment until that day comes. So there.
I love the pic of Zip head! I have one of Tampon box hat, but refuse to post it! LOL!!!
Oh, the things that thrill kids to no end...
Happy "REAL" day!
Ours was last Saturday!!! And I didn't share it on the blog, but we definitely did here at home.
I think you both are extremely lucky. Happy, happy anniversary!
Post a Comment