Friday, February 6, 2009

Miscellaneous Ramblings

February 6, 2009
I've been asked by a few moms how I get Jaden to perform for the camera. I have two devices, 1) big brother, and 2) food. She copies everything Mikey does (and she won't be outdone) and she'll do anything for food. Mind you, this girl has the kitchen open to her at all times.

Now for some miscellaneous pictures.

This is what happens when big brother finds the scotch tape.
Cheerio Butt
Mikey, full of glee because it's his mystery sharing day at school. (He took his blankie.)

Jaden leading the pack to the playground at "school" today.

Found this one while searching for pictures and just had to share. Last Thanksgiving my youngest brother asked me to cut his hair. I was doing a pretty good job until I forgot to put the blade back on after doing his neck. I completely shaved off his sideburn and he had to return to college with a very funky looking haricut. This Thanksgiving he refused to let me help and did it himself. Guess who forgot to put the blade back on? Between fall-down cry laughing jags, family members offered fixes, "We can glue it back on." "We can paint it to match your hair." Finally somebody suggested the inevitable, "Why don't you just shave your head bald?" (I think Mike suggested that one.)
Our oldest brother shaved his own head bald, too, so the youngest wouldn't feel so bad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! I still get nervous trimming Mr. Clairol's hair and it's a straight forward buzz cut!

The cheerio butt picture made my day!

momwithfaithandhope said...

What a cute cheerio butt you have! And leading the pack she goes. . . At least Mikey takes a gender neutral item for sharing day - Peyton takes Hannah Montana cr@p. . .LOL

Love the haircut - that's my worst fear with cutting Peyton's hair! Usually it's a tag team event between me and Darryl - when I get nervous I give it to him, and I continue to bribe Peyt with doritos and tootsie rolls. Maybe your brother would like a treat?!

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Love the pics of Jaden! She is beautiful!!! Mikey is a doll! :) You have such cute kids! :) So Miss Jaden goes to preschool? wow! a leader! so cute :) love the coat! :) And you have me worried about cutting Noah's hair now. I was just lookin at him thinking he needs a trim! maybe not! lol

hugs
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Room for More said...

That's the cutest little cheerio butt I ever did see! I bet Mikey was all excited to bring his blankey! Levi at 11 still loves his!

Unknown said...

Wasn't this the 2nd time you did this, Mo? I remeber the 1st time, Ry and I were in your house, I think it was Thanksgiving 200~, and you were shaving his sides, then, wham!!! It happened!!!

Ramona said...

No, I only did it once, brother. I think it was YOUR hair the other time.