A.M.: "I don't need yoa help, mommy! I'm a big kid! I can do it all by myself!" as he relentlessly insisted on going down the ramp with the oh-so-wreckless teenagers at the local skateboard park. (I won this battle.)

P.M.: In a squeaky, wobbly voice with big tears in his eyes, "Please, mommy. Please don't leave tomowwow!" when I told him I had a business meeting in San Francisco and he couldn't go with me this time.
Ha! He DOES still need me! (Frig, he's got me wrapped around his little finger...I almost considered taking him. )
4 comments:
Bless his heart! The funny thing is that no matter what age these boys are, they talk out of both sides of their little mouths...
One minute they need us and the next minute they don't!
THEY NEED US PERIOD! Enjoy 4 years old. That was one of my favorite years with all three of my boys...
OMG Bailey and Mikey would get along SO good. They'd both have broken arms from skateboarding. ugh! Doesn't that make you nervous? I say take him with you! Once he gets into school you probably can't do that anymore!! Plus the one on one time would be great! He's so sweet. :)
Holli
I can totally relate - And yes, we know he has you wrapped, and he will FOREVER. Just put his uniform on and take the kid to the city! Who wouldn't want to be in the city?!
the good news is, he will still be like that at 13! I got the biggest hug and "i love you Mom' today, but I also got the, "I can do it myself" line today as well! : )
p.s. don't you love these word verifications sometimes? I am about to type in 'logrudge'
Post a Comment