Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Beginning to Feel A Lot Like Christmas ~

November 30, 2008
I'll admit - I'm one of those people who sees Thanksgiving as the official beginning of Christmas. Don't get me wrong - I thoroughly enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with my rather large family and I obviously have LOTS to be thankful for. It's just that I feel Christmas in my heart and apparently so do my kiddie-monsters.

Years past, I've put every ounce of energy into making it magical for the boys, not with gifts but with time (although I'd have no problem buying out a toy store). We adhere to traditions by watching Christmas movies (new and old), making crafts, baking cookies, decorating the house (inside and out), playing Christmas music all day (Vince Guaraldi reigns), starting the Advent calendar and attending holiday faires, but it all start with the tree, adorned mostly with ornaments from our travels.
No other ornament, aside from the angel on top, can be place higher than the kids' 1st Christmas ornaments. Mikey's is on the left, Brandon's on the right and J's in the middle. We actually picked hers out before we even knew who she was. It's a Snowbaby that says 'Wish Upon a Star 2007' and this is it's 2nd year on our tree.

The next row is Mikey's Snowbabies collection (Dept. 54 supports the March of Dimes and so do we). One set goes on the tree and the other is boxed for his keepsakes. This year J will get her first collectible, maybe Precious Moments.

The third row is the Santa hat pictures, one for each year. The pictures of Jaden and Mikey at the beginning of this post were taken for this year's.

And we've already finished our 1st craft, a gingerbread house Mikey's been anxious to make ever since I bought the kit. It's the most beautiful one yet.




6 comments:

JackieMacD said...

LOVE IT! We spent all weekend saying "we should put up the tree." Guess what... tree's still not up.

Beautiful traditions and it looks like Jaden is loving it already.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Your tree is beautiful :) I love it :) How neat! I am so like you :) To me after thankgivin dinner it is Christmas/Advent season! :) We normally put our tree up Thanksgivin night or friday but it did not work out this year as we were out of town. Now Bobby is workin crazy. We are tryin to figure out when it is goin up but SOON for sure! :)

Love the pics in santa hats! :)
hugs
Tami
Noah's Mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

demetrisfamily said...

Tell me... What's your secret? When do you have time to do all this stuff? Do you have little elves working O/T at night? :0P What a beautiful tree with great traditions!

lorabelle said...

Ramona,
I Love your Christmas energy!!! I bet the kids love it too! Your tree and all of the special ornaments are so beautiful and the kids did a knock out job on the house! we do a couple every years ourselves... The boys love them.
I have the tree up, but still have a ways to go to catch up with your energy! You helped to motivate me me.... Thanks!
Lora

Andrea said...

I love your tree and special ornaments, awesome!

Please feel free to use the Advent calendar idea, the boys LOVE it! Target has the box kind that you can put a treat in for each day. (I think they are on sale this week too!)

Room for More said...

What a beautiful tree (and cute kids who are under it). Thank you for sharing some of your special ornaments. I know this CHristmas will be extra special!
Shannon