
My future snowboarding olympian stomping around singing.
What did make J happy was lunch time in Tahoe City. Even though she's getting pickier and pickier, this girl still looooves to eat.
And at the end of a very very long day, the 3 baby Bos snoozed in the back seat. Notice the gap between Mikey and Jaden's carseats. Think maybe there've been a few brawls back here?
Changing gears, this last week has been very difficult with J. She seems to be having a setback of sorts (or maybe we're giving in too much?) - angry screaming, suffocatingly clingy, etc. Anyone else experience this after being home 4 months? Just when we thought things were normal (what EVER that means), bam! back to square 2.
I'd like to end this post with a little clarification. Yes, I do love my smartphone - no denying that - but it's also crucial for my work because I need to be available via email 24/7. (Surely you're feeling more sorrow than pity for me now.) So I'm not as bad as it may seem and I certainly don't consider myself a stereotypical PDA addict. That said, I do luv luv luv my new Blackberry Bold. ;-)
3 comments:
what a nice day yall had :) sounds so fun :) Noah is still actin as you described J.
big big hugs to you
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Here is my 2 cents ~ We have and do experience this with Allie too Ramona. From what I've been able to read up on in my Attachment and Bonding books and from what I recall from our Adoption/Fostering seminar, it seems that these little ladies are still adjusting, and will continue to do so for many months to come... *** It is Completely normal and actually a good sign that she is acting "needy". If she didn't want your attention or wasn't being clingy at all, then I would say be worried... It's better to just embrace them and give them the attention and affection that they are needing or requiring. You CANT give her TOO much this early into it! She really does NEED it. I have also been reminded several times lately how different boys are than girls... Hang in there! The more you give now, the more you will receive later and the more bonded and attached all of you will be...
That's what I've been told anyway and that's where I'm leaning right now. When Allie is going through the "funk", I slow down and dote on her for awhile and she usually comes around and snaps out of it. Some days are better than others...I don't think it's really any different with her though than any of our other kiddo's. Sometimes in our lives we just need more than others. Especially these little ladies. They have been through SO MANY changes in the last 4 months. when I stop and think about it, I don't think I could handle it any better as an adult quite frankly... Hang in there!
Lora
I somehow missed this post. . .anyhow, can't say I've BTDT since you've been home longer than us, but I can say that we've already experienced a few steps forward, and then a few steps back. Maybe because Gracyn is older I'm seeing her go through the phases faster??? One day, I think we're "normal" and then bam - like you said, back to where we were. Good insight from Lora. I try to do the same. Just dote a little extra for reassurance. Now I have to wonder what's REALLY in store for the next 2 months! YIKES
Post a Comment