My how time flies. Exactly one year ago today we met a baby girl. I say 'a' baby girl because I swear she's been switched somewhere in between. The 19 month old baby we picked up couldn't stand alone, weighed at least 5 pounds less, was severely cross-eyed, nearly bald and debilitatingly frightened, SO.VERY.FRIGHTENED. And WE were SO.VERY.FRIGHTENED.
Today I'm looking at a rounder, jovial, talking, demanding, self-assured toddler who runs at top speed and yells at her brother, "TOP IT! TOP IT!" (Stop it! Stop it!) And her physical beauty is breathtaking.
Yep, somebody switched babies on me.What more can I say? It's been a tough road for our little girl but it hasn't been for naught. We have so much respect for her but most importantly, we love her to the center of our souls.
It doesn't look like we'll be celebrating this day any more than we celebrate the day Mikey was finally released from the hospital. Don't get me wrong - I love to read about families celebrating their Forever Day or Homecoming Day and I KNOW they're important. It's just that our little broken birds have overcome so many hardships in their young lives that their special days have been overshadowed by their accomplishments.
So for our first and last Forever Day anniversary celebration, I honor you, my beautiful daughter, with a repost of your Forever Day video.

9 comments:
Congrats on one year with J :) Woohoo :) I REMEMBER that day! :)
Blessings,
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
She has always been adorable, but the change is really remarkable! So glad she continues to grow and thrive!
Happy Gotcha Day!
Tamara
Happy 1 year together! She has come a long way from her days in Taiwan. J is one beautiful little girl!!
Wow, so well put. First of all, CONGRATS to you ALL. What a huge milestone. And I love that you know what's best for your family and what to focus on. I have huge admiration and respect for that (and you).
Happy Forever Family Day. The Macs love you guys.
I love your perspective on life, on adoption, and on Forever Day. Your Jaden has overcome so much in her young life. She is beautiful, inside and out, head banging and tantrums included! We are blessed to have met you - although when we met, weren't you and I about to adopt TWO each????? I remember checking your blog so very often while you were in Taiwan - and you were already helping me with my own travels (with no travel dates set). You have been such a great person to share this journey with!
Wow - happy Forever Day to you and Jaden. She really has made such a remarkable transformation. She looks so skinny and sad on the day you met her and now she looks so happy and full of life. Amazing.
Wow, Jaden is a completely different little girl. She has made HUGE strides just being with her family. Congrats on your 1 year together. She is a beautiful little girl. You've done a great job!
Holli
So amazing, isn't it? What a transformation! Jaden has blossomed into the little girl she was meant to be, thanks to her loving and wonderful family. Happy forever day, J! We love you too!
-The Cechs
Great post! I love video and the song, too--so pretty. Congratulations on your first year!
Post a Comment