Saturday, April 25, 2009

Technology - Can't live with it, can't live without it

April 25, 2009
As much as I love strollers, I love me some high-tech, too. I anticipate the Fry's ads in the Friday, or Fry's Day, paper, I have state-of-the-art laptops, lightening hard drives, you name it - I've got it (or want it). There are times, however, when technology is my foe, especially when it comes to cell phones, a.k.a. Mr. Blackberry who recently threw mama under the bus.

You all know Kathy by now, beloved yet abused auntie to the Kiddie Monsters, my loyal business partner, one of my BFFs, neurotic she-woman, etc. Because she's on her 2nd marriage (who isn't?), she's had 3 last names, her maiden plus two marrieds. What's extra special about her collection of surnames is that they can be combined to make lots of interesting variations such as 'Flongster', 'Flubba', 'Huffa Lumpa', on and on - it's been real fun with no end in sight until one day...

Judo-flipping her wares onto her desk, she scowled at me under her well plucked brow and hissed through her sparkly whites, "Did you KNOW that when you send out email to our clients from your BLACKBERRY I'm cc'd as, 'Kathy, THE FLONGMAN'?????!!!!!

Dead Silence (except for the air being expressed from her nostrils).

"To our CLIENTS????!!!!"

Deader Silence.

"Our professional contacts????!!!!"


(Photo taken from an earlier Flonging flogging.)

DEADEST of DEAD SILENCES.

It's a stare down and I'm losing big time. As I quaked in my dirty socks, she snatched my traitor phone and started banging away.

In all honesty, I thought it was the email address, not the pet name, that appears in the cc. Blackberry is now proper but if you ever received a BB email from me addressed to 'Dumb A$$' or 'Booty Breath', please believe me when I say they were terms of endearment.

FYI. I'm still breathing which means I haven't told Mike about the BOB stroller yet.

4 comments:

JackieMacD said...

This would've been worth a chuckle but since I actually meet the Flonganator, I am LOLing with wine coming out of my nose.

I was wondering why when you send me emails, it says to: sister in sanity.

momwithfaithandhope said...

Tell Kathy it could be much, much worse. . .Love the picture - actuallly think I've seen her make that face. . .I think it was when we were fighting the crowd after the Fantasmic show at Disney - LOL. Make sure your home when that stroller is delivered or Mike may just send it right back! Afterall, you did sell the others on CL, and this is the LAST one, right?? Pretty soon Mikey won't ride in one, so enjoy it!

JackieMacD said...

oops. I mean met.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

LOL :) I SOO NEEDED that laugh today :) Thanks and hugs
Tami
Noah, Celeste, and Jeremiah's mama
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com