Friday, April 17, 2009

Good Brother, Bad Brother

April 17, 2009
Today we got Jaden's school portraits and I can't quit staring at how beautiful my girl is. Regis & Kelly - eat your hearts out.

It's interesting (and tiring) watching Mikey and Jaden's relationship develop. At times, Mikey wants to be the caregiver and other times he wants to compete for the number one baby spot.

Today, Mikey tried to be more adult than 2 years old batting 50/50. Earlier today he got into trouble for torturing grooming his sister. Hearing Jaden's blood curdling scream, I caught Mikey sitting on top of her so he could pull off a piece of her toenail that was bugging him all the while explaining to her it was for her own good. While I scolded him, she shot some major tear-soaked stink eye his way. Then less than an hour later I get this footage.

All day it's an emotional rollercoaster here and I have to say, I much prefer the ups to the downs.

7 comments:

lorabelle said...

I can't help it, that just cracks me up! Sometimes they are just amazing aren't they?! So darn cute... And I must agree that your "J" is simply stunning! Absolutely Beautiful!!!
Like her dress too, by the way. Allie has the same one hanging in her closet just waiting for the right day!

JackieMacD said...

Oh my... don't those moments just get you right down to the core? It's amazing to watch them interact. It makes those down sides a bit more bearable.

Tamara said...

J is just adorable. Love her big thick pony tails. Love the dress too - would you share where it's from????

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

LOVE the video :) made me crack up! Poor Jaden with the toe incident but obviously she recovered! I wonder what things will be like when Noah is a big brother and not just a baby brother! heeheee The school pics are the most adorable! and I have to agree LOVE the dress :)
hugs friend,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Staci said...

oh my goodness, how sweet is that! I'm scared for the challenges to come between sibs, but this makes me realize it's all worth it. :)

Beautiful pics of J.

Andrea said...

Her pictures turned out so cute!

The ups and downs can be so frustrating and so wonderful. It's an hourly occurance at our house.

momwithfaithandhope said...

J's pics are increcible! She's beautiful. You must send those to SLC! She's grown so much, and her piggies are too cute.

I keep telling my Dad that's Peyton's job as a big brother to harass his little sister - it just took him a little while to catch on. I'm bad, sometimes I don't intervene and just let 'em go at it. Blood curdling cries and all! :)