We've gone from Jaden being upset/angry 90% of the time (other 10% was comotose) to being happy and smiling 80% of the time. Everyone is quite astounded at her quick adjustment...she really acts as though she's been here forever. Things have not returned to normal, however. My mom has been here all week helping me and my husband is finishing his 1st of 3 weeks home to bond with her. Yes, she finally goes to daddy without having a major melt down. BIG IMPROVEMENT. I have no idea what I'm gonna do without the help once everyone leaves, at least when my mom leaves. Mike being home has done wonders with his relationship with Jaden. *Helping out* though, leaves lots to be desired. Example:
Mike: My iPhone just arrived so I'm going to the AT&T store to pick it up (as he's putting Jaden on the floor).
Me: So what about J? (As my eyes follow her being placed on the floor).
Mike: (He stops with Jaden suspended mid-air) What do you mean?
Me: Why don't you take her with you?
Mike: (Blankly stares at me for this incredibly audacious suggestion)
Me: (Non-blank stare back)
Mike: Well...OK (as he slowly lifts her back up hoping I'll say I'm kidding)
Jaden: Dah? (with a big smile)
A couple nights ago as I was getting ready for bed, Jaden was doing her usual bellowing and screaming when suddenly she quieted. I popped my head out of the bathroom to see her big brother doing his best to soothe his sister by sharing his Cheetos. Our pantry is full of Cheetos because our loyal readers picked up on the fact that Jaden and Mikey love them so they've been a very popular gift.

No comments:
Post a Comment