Saturday, June 27, 2009

This little piggy went "Wee Wee Wee!" all the way to the podiatrist...

June 30, 2009
On June 17th I broke my toe off. Literally BROKE.IT.OFF. Thank goodness for skin and tendons or else I'd be carrying it in a plastic bag. Big bummer since I was to board a plane for DC in 3 days. A dozen x-rays later, I need to have a pin put in because the top half of my toe keeps sliding off the bottom half (i.e. won't set) and I was greatly encouraged by my podiatrist to have surgery within the week. I weighed my options:

1) cancel trip and get toe properly fixed, or

2) go on trip and have toe rebroken for surgery upon return.

Fitted with a Darth Vadar boot and crutches, I headed East on schedule. The 1st 2 nights hurt like a mutha but a week later? I put 8 miles on that lame toe today in NYC. I would post a picture of my floppy toe but since posting it on Facebook, I don't know if I can take any more toe jokes. Instead, here's pics of our trip thus far.

Jaden & Mikey in front of the capitol in Washington DC
Mikey at the Lincoln Monument

View from our hotel in Philadelphia Mikey at the Liberty Bell

Adrian & Rocky training on the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum

Mikey & J walking with the Flongman kids on our way home from awesome Philly cheesesteaks
Mikey and J sitting on Balto in Central Park, NY
Mariah Carey filming a video in front of the Trump Plaza Mikey 'vogueing' in a Times Square store window (yes, stopped traffic)
Jaden waiting for daddy to figure out the subway ticketing system at Battery Park
Last but not least, a new Gucci and Prada for mama

9 comments:

Expecting Good Things said...

ok. Now I want to see a pic of the toe. You can't just say you broke your toe off and not post a pic. Pretty sure thats a blogger rule. AND I'm on facebook and really don't know very well how to use it so we have to connect there somehow. I hope you feel better. I give you credit for going on a trip with crutches. The photos are cute. :)
Holli

momwithfaithandhope said...

TOE, TOE, TOE. Must see pic of the TOE, C'mon! If it hurt like a "mutha" we gotta see it.

Love the VOGUE-ing Mikey!

Hope you're enjoying the east coast! The photos are great. So, you'll post the handbags, for which you could get busted for, but not the toe?! LOL

Cute finds, BTW. You always seem to find the deals!

Sarah said...

We want toe. We want toe. We want toe. Toe! Toe! Toe! Toe!

Tamara said...

Wow - way to not let a major injury spoil your plans.

You go girl!

Staci said...

Oh my goodness, you're poor toe! Ouch. Love the pics! Have a great vacay.

Anonymous said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your toe... Jeesh, and here I was all a baby about just hitting mine on the corner of the bed the other night >_<, next time i'll think of you and man up!

On another note the pics were adorable!

Mikey REALLY has a personality, and it's awesome to see him so outgoing in the photos, and as always Jaden is just the perfect little doll! So cute! ^_^

Hope the surgery goes well and that the trip didn't mess it up too much! (if it is, hey it's just a toe... ;-) )

JackieMacD said...

Looks like your peeps toe-tally want pics, woman!

What a fantastic trip. You are one strong mutha.

lorabelle said...

ODG! how horrible... I can't imagine how painful that must be.
ummmm, yep- I want to see a pic too! Bring it on! "Prada Mom".
The pictures of kiddos are really cute. Little models you have there!

demetrisfamily said...

Owwweeee!!! Looks like you're having fun out East with the KM's despite the toe. Great pics!