Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer is Officially Here

June 12, 1009
I am always ready to move, especially after I've been awoken umpteen times by a kicking boy and a whining girl. "We've gotta move to a one story house so theses guys can sleep in their own d$%& beds!"

But then summer rolls around and the concerts in The Village begin and I change my mind. For the first concert last night, we packed the kids in the BOB, stopped at the award winning vegetarian hole-in-the-wall cafe to get dinner then walked to the park for an evening of music, dancing and fraternizing.
The band played, couples danced, kids played and most everyone else lounged on blankets and lawn chairs drinking wine (except for me out of fear I'd morph into LuWanda the stripper or Bessie-Jane the pole dancer). The only party-poopers were the displaced chickens who aimlessly bob around the perimeter with indignant looks.

Guess we'll stay another season.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Great to catch up and see all of your great photos and hear what's been going on. I've been so busy I feel like I've lost touch with everyone but hopefully we can get together again sometime. Used to go to your village occasionally but I haven't been in ages, and it sure sounds like fun!

Lori

momwithfaithandhope said...

Those kids can definitely boogey down! They have some serious rhythm too! Looks like fun, and yes, stay another season. . .or 10! PLEASE.

Amy, Ryan, Aidan and Lauren said...

I love their dance moves! Outdoor concerts are such a blast.