Jaden has been home 10 months now and has undergone an incredible transformation but there's one thing (besides her red-hot temper) that's been consistent - her need to call out to me throughout the day. No matter where she is or what she's doing, she'll blurt out "Mama!" over and over again and I'll respond "Yes?" over and over again.
This banter continues until she gets tired of calling out to me. She rarely needs anything or expects me to come to her - she just gets an inkling to start this 'dialog' with me at least a dozen times a day. It's become such a regular part of life that I don't much notice any more, I simply act on que.
Thus was the case this morning as I was watching cartoons with Mikey.
J: "Mama!"
Me: "Yeeesss." (eyes on fascinating cartoon)
J: "Mama!"
Me: "Yeeesss."
After the 4th or so iteration I turned to look at her. We stared at each other for a split second, then her precious little smile lit up her face and she softly said, "Wuv u."
11 comments:
That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard!
*tear*
Happy Mother's Day!
Melt my heart...
Awww-
that's so sweet. What an awesome mother's day gift!
Sitting here all teary. Love that little monkey.
Does this mean you're not getting bling? Do you think Mike planted it?
AWWWWWWWWW. . .that is so stinkin' sweet!!! I love it. Makes my heart melt!!!
I look forward to the day Gracyn can say "wuv you"!
Happy Mother's Day R!
Hugs
OH MY GOSH! HOW WONDERFUL! An amazing gift! I KNOW how that was, I am dying for Noah to say those words! :) I say it all the time to him and try to get him to say it...I'll say I and he makes a noise, I say LOVE and he makes a noise and I say you and he makes a noise, but none of the noises are words yet but he is just makin sound like me! I can't imagine how amazing that felt! I have tears in my eyes girl!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hugs
Tami
Mama to Noah, Jeremiah and Celete,
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY!
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com
Dude, totally crying. She is SO sweet.
Oh my goodness, that is just so sweet. What a cutie!!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! To a momma who is always living life in awe and in love with her beautiful children and enjoying every minute of life and joy they bring her. That is so darling... all the wuv u's and smiles. oh goodness... just so sweet.
=0) Sara
WWHHAATT?? OMG that is the cutest thing in the whole world! I can't wait for that. What a sweet pea.
Holli
Oh that is soooo sweet! What a wonderful Mothers day gift!
xoxo,
Megan
Post a Comment