Monday, March 8, 2010

Updates

March 8, 2010
Been MIA from the blog for a while - lots going on. Now so much time has passed that I've forgotten most of what I'd have blogged about! I'll do my best...

We got moved. I will never move again. I will be living in this house when I'm 87. After 3 dump runs and 6 Goodwill runs, we somehow still transported lots of junk. That said, we love love love our new house, our new neighborhood and our new neighbors. The park across the street is overrun with young kids so Mikey and Jaden are in heaven. They also love the one story house and play in their rooms a lot more than they used to.

Here's Mikey giving Jaden a bath in new kitchen sink.


He insisted on having his picture taken in front of our old house because "it was my fust house!"
Jaden
J had her first dental appointment last month. It didn't go very well. She has a cavity behind her front teeth. And because they're so small and won't provide enough support for a filling, she needs caps. And Miss 'Scream at the Dentist until she Quivers' will need to be put under, all for a grand total of $2700 out of pocket. I asked the dentist how she'd feel about me wrapping my legs around Jaden's midsection and holding her arms down instead of anesthesia. She responded with a nervous laugh which may mean she doesn't recommend it. Oh well, I'm totally serious.
She also was accepted by the school district for speech therapy and adaptive PE (combo of physical and occupational). We were afraid she wouldn't qualify because budget cuts have hit the special programs hard. Children have to be in the <= 7th percentile in speech before they can qualify for any other services. So in a scewed sort of way, we were relieved when she assessed in the 7th percentile.

She continues to tick Mikey off by calling him her sister.

Mikey
He's been snowboarding to his heart's content. Here he is with a bad case of helmet head.

I'd planned on having him finish kindergarten at his current school but he insisted on transferring so he could make his friends right away. I'm beginning to think it was a mistake because the kids aren't being very accepting. Breaks my heart when I know how friendly my little guy is. I'm really hoping the main bully overheard me tell Mikey if anyone is mean to him, let me know and his big brothers (my ROP students) will come and have a little talk with the meanie.

And there you have it. :-)

4 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

YAY for an update! :) LOVE te pics :) and te ouse I bet is wonderful! :) SOOO appy you got moved and all! :) Noa qualified for te scool district ere too. Tey will come in te ouse starting in april. e got speec, Adaptive PE, Special instruction, and OT for sesory, fine motor, and visual motor! I ws socked and ad been so worried but it worked out! Mikey is suc a cutie too and I am sure te kiddos will get to knwo im and it will be fine. Maybe over summer playing in tat great park e will make friends and be te bomb in first grade! :)

ugs
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIA OME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

momwithfaithandhope said...

Okay, so I totally read the whole thing, but the only part I can focus on, because I'm laughing so hard is Jaden's dental visit. . .Wait until you see my post on Gracyn's first dental visit. . .it will make you feel oh, so very good! I, too, would offer to hold the child down and even asked Darryl if she could just function without any teeth until her permanent ones come in! ROTFL

Tell those bullies to back off. . .Mama Ramona's in town!

Glad you're enjoying life in your new home!

Expecting Good Things said...

I'm so glad to hear from you!! I was starting to worry. Dentists are just so expensive! That's just crazy! We'll be putting our dentist's kids through college with Breelyn's teeth.
Holli

Room for More said...

Loved catching up with you! Your kiddos are the cutest ever! I am glad you are settled in your new home. I hear ya on the NEVER moving again!

hugs, Shannon
www.roomformorekiddos.com